• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Error: "Could not complete the Batch command because the file could not be found."

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 Pro workstation that is completely up to date with an up to date version of Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 installed. When I attempt to run a batch through the automate menu, I receive this error: "Could not complete the Batch command because the file could not be found." No matter what action and folders I attempt to use, I receive this error. I did my best to search for others experiencing this problem, but could not find anything online with this exact error message.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to provide a bit more information about what the action you are running as a batch process is doing as well as the settings you select in the Batch command?

E.g. depending on the action you might need to have 'override action 'open' commands enabled.

Also what file format are the files? Could it be that there is some corruption in the files somehow?

With a bit more information someone in the community might be able to help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  The error handling message, "Could not complete the Batch command because the file could not be found." doesn't really tell me how to resolve this.

My files were on a thumb drive, they are all jpg types.  I wrote a Batch command to execute the Trim function (why doesn't Adobe provide a keystroke command for this function?).  Wanted the batch to Save and Close.

I couldn't get it to work until I did the following:

Saved the files onto the C drive (PS doesn't like thumb drives?)

De-selected "Override Action "Open" Commands

De-selected "Include All Subfolders" (I pointed the batch directly to the subfolder I wanted)

Then it worked on the first attempt.

Hope this helps you!

Valerie Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De-selected "Override Action "Open" Commands  

it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue, and the solution for me was to give a destination for "Log Errors to File" in the Batch dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me if all folders are on my desktop and I save the log file to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue with v.22.0.0, updated 10/20/2020.  This solution worked for me by creating an "Errors" folder on the :C drive and listing it as the destination for "Log Errors to File" in the Batch dialog box.  Thanks, sapsaj!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution!

Note for Adobe folks:

Instead of showing an error message, perhaps it would be more helpful for the prompt to read "Please select a destination folder for the error log." and to bring up a "choose a destination folder" window. This would help the user correct the cause of the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole Adobe Suite cold benefit from more constructive error messages. This was an interesting read.

Nielsen Norman Group - Error Message Guidelines 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @jasonpasnikowski 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked forme too. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that works! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me , thankks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines