• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush settings is affecting all brushes!

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my brush settings.

Since yesterday all my brushes have the same settings. If I am making a change on one brush the next brush will have the same setting, even when the locks are unchecked.

Support.jpg

I can not find a way to solve this issue, so that every brush has their own settings again without affecting each other.

Does someone have an answere for this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Did you actually select the different Brushes in the Brushes Panel? 

Because selecting a Brush tip in the Brush Settings Panel is not the same thing as that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually select the different Brushes in the Brushes Panel? 

Because selecting a Brush tip in the Brush Settings Panel is not the same thing as that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that works!

for some reason it used to work for me to just select the brush tip until yesterday 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem, but I still can't solve it.

To be more specific : all of a sudden the Pen pressure is affecting all my brushes (even the ones that shouldn't have it). When I try to get it back to normal, it's still there. 

Until the other day everything was ok, but now it's a bummer.

Also, when I change brush and then come back to the General Hard Round (as an example), the settings are like this with the triangle icon next to the pen pressure menu bar.

How can I solve this?Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 16.17.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What are the tool’s settings in the Options Bar? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had this problem too.

I fixed it by clicking on the top right options menu (the four lines) and pressing 'reset all locked settings'

So I think the idea is that photshop was behaving like I'd presseed the lock icons next to eacg settign type. Perhaps I clicked a couple accidently or something but it seemed to be an issue across the board. The only thing that changed between each brush for me during the issue was tip shapes and whether the borader categroies were ticked (sattering, dual brush)

All other settings wouldn't change. but the reset seeeeems to have worked.

I just thought I'd outline this so someone at Adobe can see it and realise it's been an issue.

Maybe one day the industry will be lead by stable, intuitive software you don't have to pay a subscription for to have it screw up every few weeks.

Thanks adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been trying to solve this problem for days! 

Thank you @Niall98A1. Resetting all locked settings worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel really silly for not comprehending this, but where I do select the brush tip as opposed to selecting brushes in the Brushes Panel? I'm having this exact same problem but I can't visualize how to fix it ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Brush Settings Panel one can change the Brush tip without affecting other settings. 

brushTipShapeBrushSettings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay, I see now! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines