• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush strokes in the Brushes panel don't show the proper mark...

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope I can explain this correctly. The brush stroke in the said named panel doesn't always show the proper mark in the Brushes panel. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

In the preferences, it says my GPU is being used in advanced mode. So that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Does anyone know why the mark is a general stroke and not the specific mark for that brush?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also seen brush updates lagging or not occurring in recent versions. I was able to resolve it by collapsing and expanding the panel, but you may also want to change your GPU setting from Advanced to Basic, or turn it off, completely, to troubleshoot.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply S_Gans!

I tried all that you mentioned - to no avail. Not sure how to troubleshoot the problem.

Very few replies.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this issue could be raised by telling the Ps team who design it? I've noticed it for months now. Would they already be aware of this problem?

Regards,

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be pretty obvious and not the probem at all, but I assume in the brush panel you have selected
"Thumbnail" and not "Stroke"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I get you Leslie. In the "Brushes" panel (not "Brush panel"), I don't have any "thumbnail", I have "Brush Stroke" selected. It shows me all the basic brushes with either soft or hard but doesn't show tapering of brushes where pressure can be applied to the stroke showing either transparency, width, or some other aspect of the brush stroke.

Where is the enabling of a thumbnail? I have the latest version of Ps CC.

Regards,

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first open Photoshop it does not know if you are using a tablet until the pen touches down. So the Brush Settings panel shows a parallel stroke up to that point.  Is this what you are describing, or do you still not see the correct stroke in the preview window even after you first use the tablet?

With regards to the right click brush panel, I personally like to have all options turned on including the search bar and recent brushes.  Do you have those turned on, or is that not relevant to your issue?

image.png

If you are sure things are not working right, we need to know something about your system, because this definitely not happening for everyone.

So what operating system are you using?

Are you using the most recent version of Photoshop?

And what tablet are you using?

Are you using any third party apps like Brushbox or Brusherator?  You should be able to islolate problems caused by third party addons by starting Photoshop while holding down the Shift key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.

I am seeing the non-tapered brush stroke in the brushes panel even after first using a pen and tablet.

I don't think the second thought regarding what options I have checked is relevant.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit pro and it's up to date. I am using Ps CC version 22.4.2, the latest update.

I am using an XP-Pen Artist 22 pro with an up to date driver.

I am not using any third party apps.

I was wondering if the XP-Pen driver is the problem?

Any thoughts?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines