• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool lagging in Photoshop 21.2.2 on macOS 10.15.7 using both Wacom & mouse

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure how to explain this, but I have noticed that when I use some form of the brush tool it seems to be lagging. I will begin painting and the result of what I am doing is behind and really slow. I mainly started noticing this when I started using my Wacom tablet but it happens with both the mouse and the tablet. Did some settings get mixed up?

On a Mac version 10.15.7 using Photoshop 21.2.2

Thanks!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the performance in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the latest version (22.4.2) to check if the issue persists.

Please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop & the Wacom drivers are added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If not, please add them by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

To set up the Wacom tablet properly, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines