• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes are pixelated and square?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a problem like this, but every brush I use ends up as in this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.05.39 PM.png

I have no idea what could be causing this whether it is a photoshop issue or a moniter issue. Is there a setting I might have accidentally turned on? My cursor has a plus sign in the middle as well which I believe is new.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Luckily after resetting preferences it has returned back to normal, I still have no idea why this happened. I'd be curious to know if this problem has occured with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post meaningful screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a zoomed out look at my application, I have switched between the pencil and brush tool with no avail.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.41.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the Brush have a »Dual Brush« or a »Texture« in the Brush Settings Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so since I tried almost half of my brushes (which there are a lot) with the same outcome. I'll keep an eye out for that in the future though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have the Pencil tool selected.  It has the same shortcut as the Brush tool, so is easily done. You can edit and remove problematic shortcuts with the Edit Toolbar feature.  When I hit the B key, I know for certain that I'll be getting the plain vanila brush and not something blocky, or that is going to do wierd thiings to my image!

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have switched between the pencil and brush tool to see if that was causing the issue and it did not have any effect on the pixelated look. I have posted a picture of the whole application above if that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily after resetting preferences it has returned back to normal, I still have no idea why this happened. I'd be curious to know if this problem has occured with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I had the same problem and I don't know how it happened. Resetting preferences worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines