• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes Preset Manager Option not Appearing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to go into the preset manager so that I can rearrange and manage my brushes more efficiently but the option is not available for me.Screenshot_4.png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion caused as Brush Presets panel is not showing in the flyout menu in Photoshop 2020. 

The Preset Manager is being deprecated. You can use the Brushes Panel to do all those things you used to do in the Preset Manager without having to go into a dialog. The flyout menu lets you import and export, choose how to display the brushes, etc.

Thanks,
Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the panel in the bottom right? How can I access the flyout menu so that I can edit a majority of my brushes like I used to in preset manager because I dont want to scroll multiple times in the brushes panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who wanted the preset manager gone? New is not always better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is very unfortunate. I'm having a really hard time organizing my brushes in this tiny window, dragging the brushes around- it's not intuitive at all, but time consuming and ruins the flow of painting for me. I hope you guys do something about this. It's upsetting when I pay monthly for a new version of Photoshop which works less efficiently than the older versions I paid full price for in the past.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you ever figure out how to work with your brushes? Specifically how to save your favorite brushes so they are at the top of the brush panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys majorly F'd up photo shop with that brilliant move. The bonus to using the preset manager wants to be able to rearrange your brushes in any order you wanted to based on current usage. He got no options for that now and I can't even just look at my brushes in a brush tip mode alone without the stupid view of the stroke also. Boy, that's all I wanted was more time to spent scrolling through a myriad of brushes. ( as if I didn't already waste enough time with Photoshop and illustrator's massive bloated user experience.)

you guys need to talk to artists that have to make a living by how fast they go, not how many followers they have on social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an amzaingly incomplete answer that was, Akash. The question was how to organize and move brushes around in the palette but you offer no such solution. Perhaps you could try again and explain how to move a brush from one positiuon in the big collection of brushes to another place in the same palette, like placing it at the beginning of the collection. A graphic would also help if you can.   I enclose a screen-save of a brush in question currently stuck in the middle of a great collection. I want to move it. 

Thanks in advance.  Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRING BACK BRUSH THE PRESET MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a lot easier to move brushes around when you have a never ending amount of brushes to sort.

Leave well enough alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for your reply. It seems counter-intuitive; can you elaborate? And
have you a reply to the challenge of moving a brush, buried in a great mass
of brushes, into a position in the collection matrix where it can easily
be found, such as position number one?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandic57709558_0-1681213935532.png

It is not conter-intuitive. If you worked with making brushes all the time you would know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy hell that is so frigging absurd.

But good to know. I'll keep sticking to CC2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put it back Adobe.  I loved that I could find all the things there.  Now I'm only seeing Contours and Tools.  Nothing else.  Preset Manager BrokenPreset Manager Broken

If Adobe could fix it or put it back how it was that would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem ... trying to follow a tutorial but cannot go through because of this.. there must be a way around it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. Were you able to figure this problem out? I am having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same problem as yours. Were you able to solve it? I followed the thread below but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was dealing with the same thing... I double-clicked the Brush's file (ABR File) in the folder I was installing from and after a min it was in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed this and it worked for me: https://www.howtogeek.com/663111/how-to-install-brushes-in-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem Adobe plz fix it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I had the same problem, and I found this great tutorial that solved this problem.

https://youtu.be/lCdMLIW-ySc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines