BUG: Change in shape attributes affects shape scale

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a weird bug when any change to shape attributes (fill type, color, stroke) does not apply and reduces the shape SIZE by 1px.

It's pretty common for me for some time.Found no permanent solutions.

Video demonstration attached (note the history view):

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, though it would have been interesting to see the Properties Panel. And I cannot reproduce th eissue so far. 

Just to make sure: This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! 

I'll try to restore the preferences and see how it goes.

Also, is there a way to report this bug to Adobe by any chance?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far it is not clear if it is a bug; did restoring preferences make difference? 

If you can confirm that it is a reproducable bug you can post a Bug Report over on 

Photoshop Family

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stepping through your MP4 frame by frame I see some very strange thing happening to path controls and scale path being added to the history palette.  Changing a shape stroke alignment, style, color etc should not scale the shape path.  The Path controls should not be moving or scaling the shape.  Adobe made major changes to  vector tools and shape support adding live points etc, There are bound to be issues when Adobe make major changes. Adobe broke things like the Line Tool,  3D UV and view extras menu.  I have had PS crashes may be related to my Nvidia driver, Adobe changed GPU support. I have had hangs where  I had to terminated Photoshop.  Performance issues that required restarting Photoshop. IMO All Photoshop version 22 updates have issues. Photoshop 22 is not ready for Prime Time. Adobe need better management their code development processes are not working too may bugs are being released by Adobe.

Also reset your Photoshop Tools and Preferences test if Photoshop works better then.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines