• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back "Shake Reduction" filter - Removed in Photoshop v.23.3.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Änderungen am Programm ohne die User zu fragen - "Verwacklung reduzieren" in PS v.23.3.0 entfallen?

Mittlerweile ist man es als User gewohnt, dass Adobe Änderungen an Photoshop und Co. vornimmt.

Erst der "Fehler" seit Anfang Februar, dass die Ebenen bei der Nutzung von Color Lookup´s schwarz sind und somit nicht nutzbar (das Problem habe ich nach zwei Monaten endlich selbst gelöst) und nun fehlt schlicht und einfach wieder ein Scharfzeichnungsfilter, den viele wahrscheinlich nicht häufg nutzen, ich jedoch als finales Schärfen, diesen "Verwacklung reduzieren" mit Vorliebe eingesetzt habe.

Heute am Rechner, Bilder vom Ostersonntagmorgen mit Monduntergang, sitze hier, bearbeite und ... bin überrascht, dass ich meinen Filter nicht mehr finde.

Falls dieser doch noch irgendwo sein sollte, mal wieder irgendwo ganz hinten drin versteckt, bin ich dankbar für jeden Tipp.

Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Osterfest...
Gordon

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

You can install version 22.5.7 along with version 23.3.1, so you can have both 2022 and 2021 installed at the same time, version 2021 will have the shake reduction filter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

@John Young Photography 

As a workaround you could revert back to version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 296 Replies 296
296 Comments
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to sharpen a scan of an old carbon copy of a 1943 letter. In the past I have found the best way to do this is to use the Sharpen Filter for Camera Shake Reduction. To my astonishment, this very useful filter seems to have vanished. Has it been moved elsewhere. I hope so, since as I am keen on low light handheld photography, it is a filter I use quite a lot. See below screen grab showing no shake reduction filter present. 

Any suggestions on new location of this filter or has it become part of another tool? 

Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can access Shake Reduction in Photoshop 22.3.0 on both macOS and Windows. I wonder if you may be in a mode or using a tool where it's not accessible. Would you be able to post another screenshot that includes your whole screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be with the other Sharpen options.  

image.png

I guess you could try making sure Show all filter groups and names is checked in Preferences > Plug-ins, but I don't think that would fix it.  You could try resetting Preferences.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I thought I had made clear, this only affects M1 Macs running in Native mode. Windows and Intel Macs are unaffected. In fact if you opt to run Photoshop through the Rosetta 2 emulator on an M1 Mac, both the shake reduction tool and plug-ins reappear and the application no longer crashed every time one tries to increase the pixel dimensions of a JPEG image. Adobe had highlighted these issues on an earlier Beta version of the Native M1 version of Photoshop but it would appear these have continued in the general release version 22.3.0 for M1 Macs. I think it might have been better to have kept the Native M1 version of PS in Beta development until such time as these bugs were sorted. I have liased with some of my colleagues on the Leica Camera Forum, who are also using PS V.22.3.0 M1 Macs and they all report identical issues, so it is defintely an Adobe problem and nothing to do with the way I am running PS or have it installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to find the page you mention above, it was very difficult to find and a link to it did not appear when I put in the search string: "Shake reduction filter does not work on M1 Mac on V.22.3.0". I suspect this means that your parsing engine on the support query system is less than wholly competent, as that should have lead me straight to the M1 Native issues page. In addition this page does not mention consistent crashes on trying to increase the pixel dimensions of a JPEG image. As I said above, if there are that many issues with the native M1 version of PS, which are sufficiently extensive to seriously impact on its day to day usability, would it not have been more sensible to extend the beta testing regime, until such time as the release of a non-beta update became more stable and usable. Peoples' livelihoods depend on PS working properly. I have had to talk a number of my colleagues through how to run PS in Rosetta 2 mode, just so that they can carry on with their work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me.  I'm a bit confused as you seem to already know it is a bug affecting M1 Macs, so I don't how you think we can help you?  You'll have to wait for an update and hope it fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the below link what happens?

It should take you directly to a page explaining the issues with Native photoshop 22.3 on silicon M1Macs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#native-known-issues

I should tell you that your not necessarily addressing adobe here on the user forums.

Most everyone including myself are volunteers and only someone with Adobe Employee next to

their user name is employed by adobe.

Adobe would like users to address adobe directly over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having the same issue with the Mac P

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 6.16.00 PM.png

ro M1 chip and photoshop 22.4.1. The shake reduction disappeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As described in the linked Adobe KB above, when running photoshop nativily on M1 Macs there is no Shake Reduction Filter. One needs to run photoshop using Rosetta to get the Shake Reduction Filter.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#native-known-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope these bugs are sorted soon, as PS runs much faster in the native M1 version and uses a lot less memory than in Rosetta 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly the newest versions of the Photographer suite (PS, LR, LRC, Bridge and Camera Raw) have just been released simultaneously with the release of the new OS 12 Monterey but with the issues on the M1 processor  native version of PS still present (missing filters, resizing, stability). Now some 18 months after the first Beta versions of Big Sur were released and taking into account the monthly cost of the photographer suite, this is really poor service from Adobe. I have contacted them direct to express this view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over a year and Adobe STILL haven't fixed this for M1 macs; which are supposed to be tools for creatives working in all sorts of fields using Adobe software. Every day makes me want to switch to a different platform more and more with how terrible the customer service is... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this should be fixed by now. The first M1 Macs hit the market over a year ago in November 2020. I just encountered this issue tonight myself. Very disappointing because the Shake Reduction tool was always super slow on the Intel Macs so I was looking forward to seeing a speed increase on my M1 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there's still no news about Shake Reduction tool in native silicon mode? No ETA from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, It's been almost one year since the original question and one major version later, Shake Reduction is still missing from Ps 23.2.2 for Apple Silicon.

To any Adobe rep reading this, should we just assume that M1 native known issues will never be fixed? Is Adobe aware that Rosetta is most likely a temporary solution, and knowing Apple it will be dropped sometimes in the next OS iterations?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect sadly that the Adobe answer is in three parts. 

1)We are aware of the M1 Mac issues on the native version, not just missing menu items but resizing problems and crashes.

2) We are aware that Rosetta 2 will be deprecated in due course, which will prevent M1 users from running legacy versions of Photoshop. 

3) We have already got your money, so are we bothered? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just prompted me about 30 mins ago to update to v23.3. After updating I noticed that the Shake Reduction filter under Sharpen Filter list is missing. (refer to screen shot below)

Could you please check why update v 23.3 removed the filter.

ShakeReductionFilterMissing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated this morning (12 april) photoshop and found out that the adjustment layers don't work anymore. A white layer appears above the photo that don''t go away.

I deleted the up date and went back to version 23.2.2.

Shame on you ADOBE! Every time there is a update problems are in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment layers are working fine for me with version 23.3 on Windows 10, one thing to try, enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-04-12 09_09_52-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged_Taylor.

Now it is working. But I still find it sloppy from Adobe.

Have I nice day,

Greeting José

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for mention your name wrong: Traynor

Votes

Translate