• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can switch my timeline from frame to video, no option to switch

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have the solution of how to change my timeline fro frame to video plz. Ive searched and all the options of where it shouldbe arent there. neither on the drop down menu or any where on the options

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

I believe it may be because of your ARM RISC chip.    

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/windows-arm-support.html 

image.pngimage.png

Use a PC suitable for Adobe desktop applications. Adobe has a lot of work on its plate currently.  Some day  Adobe may convert their code to be able to run are a ARM processor. A lot more programming will be required for the ARM chip architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click convet to video timeline

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack

that is where I used to go to switch between the frame and cideo timeline but that option when i hover my mouse over just has a circle with a sttrike through is like isnt not possible.

ive even uninstalled photoshop and re installed the programme without luck.1.jpg2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post screen captures not photos so we can see all of Photoshop UI.  I thought it may be because you have a single frame. But I my Windows PC the not a problem. Are you using a Mac? Try resetting preferences they  are not reset if you reinstall Photoshop.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMACK

Yeah Ive tried reseting preferences and also the reinstall, baffled as to why I dont get this option, ive ran out of ideas now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too.  I have tried everything or so it seems.  I do not get a dropdown menu with the option to choose between animation and video.  Did you ever solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I guess that you are using an apple silicon version of Photoshop, and missed the FAQ on the topic: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

For the moment, you need to start Photoshop in Rosetta mode to get the timeline option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a new Surface Pro and I have Adobe for Enterprise FCCC.  I have spent 3 days so far trying to figure out what I am missing.  I have an assignment due and I have not heard back from the Professor.  Any help would be appreciated.  I tried to take screen capture but the prohibited icon did not show up on the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Surface Pro X  Windows 10 software and firmware up to dated? What exact version of Photoshop are you using post your Photoshop menu Help<>System Info. Also post a Screen capture the shown your Frame Animation time line Panel...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing computer and Windows are up to date.  It is about 1 month old.  I am brand new to PhotoShop.  I hope everything attached correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the system info, hit the copy button and paste the entire text from that dialog (Help > System Info) in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your windows is almost up to date and I see in your Frame animation Time line panel the Icon bottom  in its bottom left corner to convert to video Time line  and there should also be a menu Item in the Panels Top Right Fly-out menu to convert to video time line.  Are you stating these are not working on your ARM Surface  they both work on my old Intel Surfacr Pro 3. with Phoroshop 22.5.1.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

I do not think you should expect Photoshop to run on an ARM processoe as well ass it doe on an Intel Processor.  A 32Bit Photoshop version maye run better than a 64Bit version. You can download CC 2018 32 bit version here https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html 

That was the last  Photoshop 32bit version released.  IMO you should have purchased an Intel  Surface.   Adobe seems to be having Problems also supporting Apples 64bit ARM M1 processor.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct both are not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it may be because of your ARM RISC chip.    

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/windows-arm-support.html 

image.pngimage.png

Use a PC suitable for Adobe desktop applications. Adobe has a lot of work on its plate currently.  Some day  Adobe may convert their code to be able to run are a ARM processor. A lot more programming will be required for the ARM chip architecture.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you. Is there a fix for this that you know of?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video support for ARM devices is coming in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wowsers. Ok. It is my best option to get a different laptop? Would you have advice on what to buy if it comes to that?

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft build quality look good buy a mobile surface with an Intel chip. While Photoshop is being coded to be able to run on and ARM processor.  It remains to be done and how well it will run is not currently un-known.   RISC instructions run in a single cycle. So they use less power operate fast but have simpler instruction then CISC machines so more instruction steps are required the do complex operations on RISC machines.  Sill a sequence series of simple steps may operate faster then some CISC machine instructions. RISC may require more storage to store the longer path length programming require access time to read and write the storage. but these are streamlined use cashes in faster active memory. CISC use more power and have complex instructions that require more than one clock cycle to execute.  They tend to be more expensive and more powerful than RISC machines. However, RISC lower Power requirement  make RISC chips better suited for portable mobile devices. When it comes to building computers you always need to make some trade offs.

Read Reviews Dell, Sony. Lenovo, Asus, HP  all make good produces set your budget and read an try see what is best for you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to say thank you. You are absolutley right about the issue. I switched to an older Asus laptop and bingo. No more issues. Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines