• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access online help or tutorials [with PS 21.2.7, Win 7]

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS 21.2.7 on a Windows 7 PC. For some reason, when I try to access Photoshop Help or Photoshop Tutorials from the top menu, I get an error message that says, "Unable to display online help. Connect to the internet....". I am definitely already connected to the internet. Any ideas on how to fix this? Not sure when the problem began, as I rarely access online help.

[title edited for clarity by moderator]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did this just start? It's possible that there was a temporary glitch with the Adobe server or your connection and it's working now.

If not:

Let us know if it comes back.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it seems to be a permanent bug. Still happens every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to try, in order (if you haven't already):

I seem to recall a similar issue happening long ago but it hasn't cropped up since. Any reason why you haven't upgraded to a more recent version? I think that's like 7 or 8 versions back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try resetting preferences.

I am using the most recent version of PS that will install on my computer that's still running Win 7. It is Win 10 I am trying to avoid for as long as possible. I know I am missing a lot of the newer capabilities of PS like the Neural Filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whups, forgot about OS requirements.

If it makes you feel any better, 10 is way better than 8 was and probably on par with 7. (Based upon my experience, anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually resetting preferences did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the direct links to Help and the tutorials that I gave earlier in this thread work? You can try contacting Customer Care.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines