Can't Open/Import Any Video Files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I am unable to open or import any video files in Photoshop regardless of size. I have spoken with two representives from Adobe and neither were able to help. 

I have re-installed Photoshop and Creative Cloud over three times and yet the issues remains. I have done all the suggested solutions such as resetting my preferences, clearing caches, renaming the Dynamic Link Manager and deleting files and folders. 

When I try to open any video file, the progress bar will get stuck near the end if I try to open a video file or attempt to Import Video Frames to Layers, or tell me that the Dynamic Link Media Server is not available when trying to open a video file in an exisiting project. 

My PC meets well over the recommended specifications to run Photoshop, so it's not my hardware. Seeing forum posts that are years old with the exact issues still unsolved is not reassuring. 

I was told my case was going to be forwarded to someone in a Senior Team and yet it's been over a week without any news. 

If anyone has had this issue and managed to solve it, please tell me how you did it. Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know anything. You have not offered any exact info like actual system info, specs of the video files, how they were created and so on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, apart from me explaining which errors I recieve and the solutions I have attempted I have clearly offered no information xD 

As you asked so politely, my specs are a Nvidia GTX 1080ti, an i7-7700k overclocked to 4.8Ghz and I am running on the latest version of Windows 10. The video files I have attempted to import have been MP4 files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been having loads of problems with Photoshop for the last few months (RAM errors, other error messages, cant save files, tools dont work). All my problerms are caused by Dynamic Link Manager.

I found a temporary fix for my problem.

1. Open Photoshop

2. Open Windows Task Manager

3. As Photoshop finishes loading, look for dynamic link manager 14 in task manager and end the task before using Photoshop

4. Photoshop runs perfect

If your having problems with Dynamic Link Media Server, try the above fix. It may work???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately this didn't help me, but thank you for the suggestion 🙂

After checking the forums for a bit it seems this is a long running issue with Adobe with no clear fix, so for now I will have to contact customer support again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines