Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paint by clicking and dragging mouse

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this has been covered before. The problem is that I can't paint but clicking and dragging the paintbrush tool. I find that only a dot is produced by clicking the mouse, then as I continue to drag nothing else is produced. I'm using Photoshop 2020 on a Windows surface laptop.

I've really tried hard to find a solution and am coming up empty. I'm new to using photoshop and honestly just find the simplest things frustrating and difficult to do so I'd really appreciate your help.

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

I just found out how to reset a tool and the problem seems to have fixed itself. Sorry I didn't know about this before! Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Brush Settings panel. Are any of the opions checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Brushes, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out how to reset a tool and the problem seems to have fixed itself. Sorry I didn't know about this before! Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. How did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently they reset the Tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just reset the tool and it worked fine after that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and resetting the tool is not fixing it, so there's something else going on here. Unplugging my drawing tablet didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines