• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save as a Jpeg even after switching color modes.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm having problems saving my images as a JPEG image. The image sizes that I'm working with are 8.5x11in, with 300 resolution, but as soon as I put anything down on the page I have limited options to save. I've been using photoshop for about 10 years at this point and have never had problems with these settings, even switching from CMYK to RGB mode doesn't help half the time and even reverting it to grayscale/black and white doesn't work. I'm so stumped... 

Ill start out on a blank page with the settings I mentioned above and it'll save as just about anything, but after placing a simple box down I'm only able to save as PSD, PSB, PDF, TIFF (pictured below) and SOMETIMES JPF/Jpeg2000, but when the Jpeg2000 is available I can't seem to send it anywhere and it won't load even if I email it to myself. I'm working on a windowns 10 laptop.Shot_01.jpgShot_02.jpg

Has anyone else had this happen? I was thinking about resetting my preferences but I'm not exactly sure how to or if it would fix the solution, and any help is greatly appreciated...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The jpeg file format specification does not allow layers, transparency, alpha channels or 16 bit depth. All of those have to go. You still have layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried "Save a Copy"? The jpeg option is there and you preserve your master file if further edits are called for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the legacy Save As in version 22.4.2 from the preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to keep in mind is that the Legacy Save As option will default to unchecked (disabled) if you Reset your Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines