• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save as PDF any more

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to save a file directly as a pdf any more, without clicking on 'save a copy' first. ie it's gone from a simple one step process to a two step process. Is it just me? 

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.44.44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hi @Moose Allain 

Due to changes in macOS, Adobe had to make changes while keeping PS platform consistent. Platform parity has always been important in Photoshop, for the sake of actions, plugins, tutorials, etc. When Apple or Microsoft changes their OS, Photoshop changes on both platforms. You need to choose Save a Copy if there are things in the PSD that are not supported in PDF.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy 

https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moose Allain 

Due to changes in macOS, Adobe had to make changes while keeping PS platform consistent. Platform parity has always been important in Photoshop, for the sake of actions, plugins, tutorials, etc. When Apple or Microsoft changes their OS, Photoshop changes on both platforms. You need to choose Save a Copy if there are things in the PSD that are not supported in PDF.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy 

https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/ 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Moose Allain 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is pathetic after purchasing the full version of  PS I can't save as a pdf. The printing community asks for pdf for printing purposes. 

This is not the deal I was looking for. How rediculous not being able to send PS files to printers. 

You have to fix this. Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You absolutely can save as a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@James2613707173cj

If you don't see PDF when you choose "File > Save As", do you see it in "Save as a Copy"?

If this is the issue, some things changed a year or so ago and we can explain them and tell you the simple fix. If it's something else altogether, can you clarify your issue so we can better assist?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, i am still having the same problem with 2021,2022,2023 versions of photoshop 

i don't see PDF when i choose "File > Save As", do you see it in "Save as a Copy"?

my laptop runs windows system 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed Photoshop file menu Save As operation.  Photoshop menu file Save As interface no longer support saving layered documents as Photoshop PDF or image file formats that do not support Photoshop Layers.  To use Photoshop's document saveAs function to save those files you need to other Photoshop interfaces like "Save a Copy" that is a new menu File "Save a Copy" interface.  Old Photoshop interfaces like Export  As, Export Save for web and  Photoshop Scripting these interfaces still support  Document saveAs to save those file formats from layered Photoshop documents.   Adobe only removed that support from Photoshop  menu Save AS interface. Adobe also added menu File "Save a  Copy" interface you can use to save those files.  So use the interface that works best in your new Photoshop work flow.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines