• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save .eps in photoshop once I add layers.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a windows OS and it is a 8 bit file. Once I add layers I am no longer able to save as an .eps file. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe app are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultkn99hthuj3sx In Photoshop, you can't save layers with an EPS. You'll see the check box is not available in any of the three options for .eps files. An eps file shouldn't have layers. Curious as to why you need to use this format?

JainLemos_0-1626735717169.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also export (save as) a Photoshop PDF and maintain the layers, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sending a design to someone who wants to be able to change the colors. They requested a .eps or .pdf. When I did the .pdf elements of the design were dropped off. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultkn99hthuj3sx It's going to depend on what type of PDF presets you choose and then if you modify the settings during export. Here you see some of the standard and custom presets I have to choose from. What are you using?

JainLemos_0-1626799313279.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Enable legacy »Save As« 

Edit: But naturally it seems recommendable to keep the layered file as psd, psb or tif. 

»I'm sending a design to someone who wants to be able to change the colors. They requested a .eps or .pdf.«

Do they actually understand that you provide images from Photoshop? 

Does your design contain vector elements or only pixel data? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel I believe. I'm not a professional. I guess my follow-up question is why a line would disappear when saving to a pdf. I also only have 4 choices to save to and jpeg isn't even one of them. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again: Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Enable legacy »Save As« 

»why a line would disappear when saving to a pdf.«

What kind of line? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one below is the design. When I save it as a .pdf it removes the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of line (Shape Layer, pixel Layer, …)? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines