• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall Photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My installation of Photoshop CS6 is all messed up (using Win 10.) It slows to a crawl and is unsuable. I reinstall it but it doesn't change. So I am trying to uninstall and possibly upgrade.

There is no option to uninstall it from the Apps amd Features. Under control panel > Programs and features it does not appear, so cannot uninstall there. It does not appear in the start menu, so no way to uninstall there either. I go to the applicaiton folder, but there is no uninstaller program there.

I tried to update it under the help menu, but it was grayed out. There is also no option to deactivate under the help menu. I downloaded and installed Adobe bridge, to try and update, CS6 does not appear there. I saw on the internet to download the Cleaner tool, that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah man that didn't do anything. It doesn't even see that it's there.

Any other ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can anyone help me? To recap:

• No option to uninstall under Apps and features
  • Does not appear under Control Panel > Programs and features
  • No option to uninstall from the start menu
  • Uninstall option does not appear if I reinstall the program
  • No uninstaller under application folder
  • Tried to install Adobe bridge to update, CS6 does not appear there.
  • Tried the cleaner tool DID NOT WORK. Please stop suggesting this. It does not uninstall.

Seriously, anything I can do here? Open to suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my CS6 apps bring up Error 1: reinstall. Then I have the same problem as defautlzbfg. There is no uninstaller for CS6, only broken aliases. Adobe Cloud Cleaner can't see Adobe CS6. I'm on Mac OS High Sierra. Gonna try the nuclear option and just put CS6 in the bin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possible problems here:

• ever since CS6 stopped being legally available around 2015 or so, the internet has been absolutely flooded with pirated copies. Are you certain you haven't been scammed?
  • at ten years since CS6 got its last update, there's no guarantee it will work correctly in modern operating systems. In fact, on Mac it positively won't work, period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no uninstaller for CS6, only broken aliases. Adobe Cloud Cleaner can't see Adobe CS6. I'm on Mac OS High Sierra. Gonna try the nuclear option and just put CS6 in the bin. 

By @Deirdre5FC2

You can try here but again, the likelihood of success is slim:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog is correct - reinstall to get the connection re-established with the uninstaller then you can uninstall using the app.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/i-can-not-uninstall-photoshop-cs6-on-my-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have actual application files in /Applications? If so, you can manually just start trashing things on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics I would never manually remove from a Mac - you leave behind a ton of orphaned resources in the System folders that can cause more issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without more information its hard to know what the root cause is. I guess I'm used to manually managing computers if the automated cleanup tools fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines