• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't view 3D object in the latest Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all i get is a black screen cannot create 3d objects. If i importa 3D oBj file i get the smae black screen. And on the performance preference set up i cannot use Graphic card setup. I am on Macbook Pro M1

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, could you please try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in 22.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback and update. My PS is up to date.I
have also tried Clicking on Deactivate Native canvas. It's still not
working. Please keep me in the loop about the outcome on this matter.

Best regards,
Calen Chen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close and restart Photoshop after checking Deactivate Native Canvas?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and help. I did unfortunately it did ot help at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution works for me. Problem solved. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines