• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export artboards to PDF

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file with 2 artboards that I need to export as a PDF. Going the standard route of File > Export > Artboards to PDF produces the popup window (after the script has tried to run): "IOError: General Photoshop Error Occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. <no additional info available>"

I've tried checking, unchecking boxes, moved my file, tried saving to a different location, and this is the result every time. I was able to export and artboard to a JPG earlier but that is not my end goal.

Running software version 20.0.3 on Macbook Pro Mojave 10.14.3.

I'd really like to figure this out as I've created this template for a client who requested it be created in Photoshop (not Illustrator or inDesign, sigh) as that is the only program she has. If she cannot export her edits to a PDF as the end result, this is problematic.

I have read other forum posts with similar issues from years ago, but none of the suggested workarounds worked for me (saving to a different drive, unchecking options). If anyone has any insight or familiarity with this issue, I would really appreciate the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been here for the past 20 minutes trying to duplicate your issue. I'm on the same version of Photoshop and the same version of OS. I can't duplicate the issue. It's working for me every time. SO here are the questions...

1.     Are you trying to save both of the artboards at once?

2.     Have you tried to select and save one artboard at a time?

3.     Are you having any other issues with saving or exporting?

4.     How did you create the artboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it worked when I just unlocked few layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Saman1999 -- this worked for me. Just unlocked all layers. Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 2.52.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to create a new file with 2 simple artboards and export to pdf. In this way we can know if this is a related documen t problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.52.41 PM.png

I'm having the same issue. This and many more issues have occurred since this update. I was hoping the latest update that came out today would fix more than it did. This issue still plagues me. Its not a document issue. I am not able to create a pdf from artboards with any file. You get the beach ball for a while and then it eventually bombs out to this message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I figured it out. If you go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy Tab > Accessibility. Make sure "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019" is checked under the "Allow the apps below to control your computer". See screen grab. I am now able to export Artboards to files and PDFs again!

saveartboarttopdf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. I have the latest version installed. shaver80 's solution didn't work for me. Neither did trying to export the artboards separately. If anyone figured this out, please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this very issue and it ended up being a text layer that was the culprit. I deleted layers/groups one by one to get to the root of the problem.

It ended up being just the numbers in one text layer. Nothing in the Character settings dialog was different. All I can assume this was some text I copied and pasted from another, non-photoshop, document. The text was "101 Night Sleep Trial". If I deleted a "1", a "0", "10" or "01" - I would still get the error. I had to delete the entire "101" and re-type it and it worked.

This is the third time this exact issue has happened to me with the "101" text. Different areas, different font sizes and formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is it! I had a random object in my project from a previous one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem on Photoshop 2021. It displays this error whenever the text layer is selected, try selecting some other later and then try exporting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  had this exact same problem out of the blue today. I did everything to try and fix it. Reinstalled programs, updated drivers, blah blah blah. Finally fixed it. There was a point from the pen tool just out there. And once I removed it. Boom, problem solved. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I painstakingly sieved through 18 artboards just in case PS did a derp and there was some rando pen tool or some unwated layer and even then it's still being fun, but good suggestion. That's so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.
I went through and deleted every layer that wasn't visible or useful, went through and made sure no accidental or non-functional layers were hiding and made sure everything was visible and unlocked- No dice.

I am wondering if it's because I worked on the first part of my art boards with PS 2022 and half with a friends PS CS6 then went back to the same file afterwards with my PS 2022 version. Adobe can't even play nice with it's own software. These guys are such a joke making us pay for stuff that barely works with no explination. 

Balls in your court Adobe. Fix your stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I will just get fed up and save as a PDF from Save As, but the file is broken and won't open every single time. So embarassing, Adobe. I'm shocked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but it was exporting as normal and it stopped working after I have done some amends/ adding new artboards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines