Cannot open photoshop because Adobe application manager keeps popping up then closing

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to open Photoshop CC (2018), a new window from Adobe Application Manager pops up. It says something along the lines of "validating license..." before it disappears then pops up and starts doing the same thing. I have trouble getting it to stop, and most importantly it won't let me open photoshop which I need for my job. How do I fix this?

This is a quote from someone else in the community a few years ago, they phrased it perfectly and I am having the exact same problem but still can't seem to find a solution... PLEASE can someone help?

Not sure if this is relevant but my mac is quite old (running on OS X El Capitan) and scratch disks are full so every time I open photoshop for the past few months I hold down ⌥⌘ so that the photoshop scratch disk preferences are able to open on my hard drive.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never experienced this particular problem before, but here are my recommendations based on my Photoshop not being able to open in the past:

1) Update Photoshop and restart your computer. 

2) Uninstall and Reinstall Photoshop.

3) Free up some memory on your disks. Transport the documents to a cloud service or a hard drive and then delete the files from your computer. Make sure to empty the trashcan after. 

Hope this helps! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines