Cannot print from Photoshop 2021 to Epson printers

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Mac Minis, one 2012 and one 2018.

The 2012 has Mac OS 10.14.5. The 2018 machine has Mac OS 11.4.

On the 2012 machine I have Photoshop CS 6 AND Photoshop 2021, the latter installed just a couple hours ago.
In the 2018 machine, I have Photoshop 2021, recently updated.

I have a new Epson SC-P6000 and an Epson 3880.
I provide all this setup information because this gets really screwy.

The same photoshop .psb file will not print from either computer to either of the printers, using Photoshop 2021. Both printer drivers have been freshly reinstalled to both computers (after the problem began).

I hit Command-P, set the dialogs as always, send the job. BUT, Photoshop does not seem to be grinding away as it usually does, preparing the print job. It's just sent off to the printer almost instantly. The job appears in the Print Queue (both computers, both printers), sits there for a while, the printer loads the paper, head goes back and forth a few times, positions the paper... then spits the paper out with nothing on it. The job is gone from the Print Queue and there is no error message. NOTHING.

If on the other hand, I open the exact same file in CS6 and send it to print, Photoshop chews on the job for a while and only then does it show up in the Print Queue (instead of showing up there instantly like with Photoshop 2021), goes to the printer which goes through the exact same machinations as before, BUT, from CS6, it actually prints.

I tried clearing the document preferences... no joy.

I reinstalled everything but my shorts. Nothing.

Tried printing from photoshop to a simple laser printer... that worked.

Tried printing from other software to both printers... that works just fine.

Tried printing a different Photoshop file... still nothing.

The problem is clearly within Photoshop 2021, but I can't find any mention of this doing a Google search.

I would really prefer not to be working on an older machine, using CS6 while paying a monthly fee for Photoshop 2021, while it is of zero use to me!!
If anyone has any ideas, you help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

dk

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot. I also tried creating a brand new Photoshop file with a small squiggle in it, sent it to print and got the same result: no squiggle, nothing printed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines