Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save shape path

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm a newbie photoshop user and working through the classroom in a book for Photoshop. I'm stuck at chapter eight, 'Adding a second shape to a path', point 8. In this lesson I had to trace a shape from a photo (the outline of a cup), add a second shape to that path (inside of cup handle) that would isolate the inside of the cup handle. That all works fine. But than I have to save the path under a different name. So I select the layer the shape is on, the path in the paths panel and double click on the path's name. I fill out the desired name in the Save path pop up and click ok. In the book, there's a new path in the paths panel with the new name. But nothing happens on my screen. The new path name didn't save. I asked my (remotely based) teacher, but she doesn't know why the shape path will not save on my computer. 

I've attached a (clumpsy) video of what I'm doing/what's happening on the screen. Does anyone know what could be the issue? 

Thanks in advance.

Froukje

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Path may have many path item.  Often shape Path has more then one Path Item the shape Path contains contains several closed path items.  The may have different modes.  That a single path in the paths palette.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines