• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Highlight Text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the new update I've lost the ability to highlight text to change it. I've searched with no luck as to fix it. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you put a screenshot if that issue ?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could, but it won't make sense because it's invisible. So dealing with any text in any program you can select a specific portion of the text to change it. When you select usually the words are highlighted before you change it. That is now missing in photoshop...

Update: It literally just started working correctly as I was responding to your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well Good Luck with that.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have more options in CC 2019 Clicking on the layer T Content  thumbnail in the layers palette highlights all the text in text edit mode.  If I double click on a word in the text in the image window the word is highlighted in text edit mode and it easy to change that word or its color like to red.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, mine started doing this a few minutes ago. No cursor even when I start a new text layer. No visible highlight, but I can select as normal and it will act like it's highlighted when I change font, color, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using I use windows 10  version 1809 and I have a cursor I do not have your problem

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - Photoshop's latest update has broken various PS-tools unser Mac OS 10.14, most annoying: invisible text cursor / marker, invisible frame in the transform tool... This leaves Photoshop completely useless for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MacOS High Sierra.

Was able to fix it with help through the chat on Adobe's site. All I did was log out of Creative Cloud and close Photoshop, then open it again and it worked. It's weird because it didn't happen until I had been using it for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that you are working.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn' help here, neither logout from cc nor quit cc, - after PS restart still same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have time, go to Adobe's web site and do a chat with them. They may send you a program to run, like GoToMeeting, where they can take over your computer and fix it for you. That's how I got them to get rid of the annoying new Home button on Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to everyone out there having the same issue: go to Library folder, into Preferences, there: add the suffix ".old" to the folder "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings" (in order to recreate a new preferences set on next PS launch) and then quit PS and restart (or - if still buggy - log out / in).

Update: The issue returns after Mac OS restart - this is really annoying. And the support can't help.

Ok even weirder: On every PS-launch the issue returns,. Then i just have to create a new PS document and use the text tool once, then the issue is gone and text tool works perfectly for all otmy PS documents - til the next PS launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, maybe this issue is caused by some outdated graphics drivers or whatever...  For me the (unsatisfying) workaround was to get PS not making use of the graphics card. Go (in PS) in Preferences / Performance and uncheck "Use graphics cprocessor". The issue is gone forever... (and the graphics performance as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following worked for me as well.

Hmm, maybe this issue is caused by some outdated graphics drivers or whatever...  For me the (unsatisfying) workaround was to get PS not making use of the graphics card. Go (in PS) in Preferences / Performance and uncheck "Use graphics cprocessor". The issue is gone forever... (and the graphics performance as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solves the problem. Thanx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in my case... brand new Macbook Pro with touchbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Worked For me. Turning off the graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too - thanks das_mittet80853384 - trick was to restart PS after unchecking "Use graphics cprocessor". 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me, following the 2021 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant was, unchecking the "Use graphics cprossessor" worked for me. Text would not highlight after the 2021 PS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant was, unchecking "Use graphics cprocessor" worked for me following the 2021 PS update. Text would not highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Affirmed this worked for me, ridiculous Adobe has not fixed this yet... smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me – thank you! Hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me too. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines