Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas size is enlarging entire image

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A strange glitch has just suddenly occurred. When I go to extend my canvas size (as I need to add a 5mm bleed around the image for my printer), I find that the entire image is being resized upwards instead of just extra canvas being added. I have been extending my canvas successfully for more than 50 images over these past weeks and never had this problem. It has come out of the blue this morning. I have the latest intallation of photoshop and the selected layer is my locked background (just as usual). Nothing changed from yesterday when everything was working fine. Can anyone give a suggestion as to why this is happening? My work around at the moment is to flatten the image and then apply the extra canvas but this is not what I want. I need to be able to see the extended canvas when I am working on the layers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

We can not see what is going on, please see request by @c.pfaffenbichler 

If you refer that content on layer 1 is being extended then I must ask you whether that content is already beyond document bounds? Perhaps that is the case and it is being revealed when you extend canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that the entire image is being resized upwards instead of just extra canvas being added. 

Your screenshots do not seem to illustrate that. 

Could you please post meaningful, unclipped screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can not see what is going on, please see request by @c.pfaffenbichler 

If you refer that content on layer 1 is being extended then I must ask you whether that content is already beyond document bounds? Perhaps that is the case and it is being revealed when you extend canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you c.pfaffenbichler and Bojan for your help. I'm sorry for my late reply. Yes! One of my layers was beyond the document bounds and this was causing the problem. Everything is good now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines