• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

catalina and photoshop

Participant ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mid 2015 macbook pro and updated to catalina and it seems all the adobe products are creating havoc with the 'kernel_task' process. it seem to be associated with the battery or heat issues. can someone help me please? attached is activity monitor window after i launch phtoshop. the number continue to rise. The forums seem to think this is an adobe issue not an apple issue. can someone PLEASE help. I've owned adobe products since 1994 and this is the worst i've seen it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't look like havoc, just the Mac running properly. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207359 says that Kernel task appears to use CPU and is doing it to avoid overheating your Mac. Adobe's apps work hard, so this is a normal response. All working as designed, right? You say there is an issue, but what is the issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the reply.

sorry. the issue is the machine slows to a crawl and becomes unusable. apps don't open, apps freeze. all my adobe products are unusable. i am trying to discover if this is a computer problem or a software problwem. i'm seeing evidence for both on the online forums i've checked so far. this is all a relatively new problem. it seemed to be fine for weeks after i upgraded to catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just thought i'd update my situation. i upgrade to the latest photoshop and the kernel_task issue subsided while PS was running. I think the patch worked. Unfortunately, i also seem to have a battery problem which is still creating the kernel thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines