Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Slow Windows 10

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow Slow Slow.

Brushes are all out of wack.  Wrong sizes.  Adjustment brush in camera raw is off center.  All brushes that I've found take 20 seconds to materialize.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT

Open a shot from camera raw to photoshop and it jumbles the colors all up.  Goes to some bleak looking color setting.  I've explored tons of settings and can't figure out what's going on.

That's just what I've found so far.  Given this piss poor release, I'm sure I'll run into other dealbreaker bugs.  Real big pat on the back for all you wonder-devs.  Fantastic work.  Seriously.

Whoever QA'd this and gave it the thumbs up should be fired immediately.  This is NOT OK.

Title edited by moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, i7 4770, 32 gigs ram, 2x gtx 1070, m.2x4 for OS, SSD for cache, SSD for source files, SSD for sounds, RAID 10 for projects and exports.  All software and drivers are the latest.

And on a side not, I would love to know a way to put this info in my signature, like every other tech forum I participate in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have immediate answers but I do know that lots of people are running CC 2017 on Win 10 with no issues.

At risk of stating the obvious, have you tried resetting preferences? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar problem but on OSX Sierra. No updated application will run at all. Error 16. A huge mess. Have been using Adobe products for 20 years and have not encountered a stuff up of this magnitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many reported issues with Sierra and folder permissions.

Have you tried the steps suggested by Adobe

Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How bout instead of relying on customers to troubleshoot, Adobe just fixes their bugs.  This is a fresh Win 10 install, and freshly built computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chase Chick wrote:

How bout instead of relying on customers to troubleshoot, Adobe just fixes their bugs. This is a fresh Win 10 install, and freshly built computer.

And yet hundreds of thousands of people are having a trouble free experience with CC 2017.  You are more likely to have issues with a new build than one that has run reliably for a while, and one which you know the various drivers and plug-ins are working correctly.  

Work through the troubleshooting guide.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Start Photoshop while holding down the Shift key to force it to ignore third party plug-ins and extensions.  If it works OK you'll know where to look.

For your camera RAW issue, check your Preferences > Performance > Cache levels.  If it is set to 1, then that's almost certainly your problem, Set it to a higher value and it will work OK.

Regarding the offset cursor, is this with mouse or tablet?  If tablet, which one, and what driver version are you using?

Do you get what I am saying?  Your system involves a lot of subsystems, and anyone of them can be affecting the system as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chase Chick wrote:

How bout instead of relying on customers to troubleshoot, Adobe just fixes their bugs. This is a fresh Win 10 install, and freshly built computer.

That's one approach. As Trevor said, there are thousands of Adobe customers with same or similar spec computers to yours who are happily running the software OK right now.

Depends how much you want to help yourself and get productive.

I find 100% of the time I get faster results with some troubleshooting of my own rather than waiting for someone else to fix it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lens blur takes 10 seconds, almost any brush stroke of any sort takes about 20 seconds or more of the little loopity-computer-working indicator thing-a-ma-bob.  Photoshop has never been this slow.  This is pretty much unworkable.  Never had problems like this is photoshop before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines