• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 Photoshop resize proportion problem

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an issue here with Photoshop with proportional resizing.  Holding shift keys or alt keys or shift+alt keys does not work.  Here is a video of what the issue is in regards.  Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try these methods.

1: Transform proportionally by defaul

Photoshop now transforms most layer types (such as pixel layers, type layers, bitmaps, Placed Smart Objects) proportionally by default. Shapes and paths, that is vectors, still transform non-proportionally by default.

When transforming a layer, you no longer need to hold down the Shift key while dragging a corner handle to resize a selected layer to constrain its proportions. Anytime you drag a corner handle during transform and move it, the layer resizes proportionally. Holding down the Shift key now resizes non-proportionally when you drag a corner handle during transform.

To resize a layer proportionally during transform, do the following:

1. Select the layer(s) you want to resize in the Layers panel.
  2. Press Command + T (Mac) / Control + T (Win). Alternatively, choose Edit > Free Transform.
  3. Drag a corner handle on the bounding box to resize the layer.
  4. Commit the changes.

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

2: Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and Check Legacy Compositing

Screenshot_1.png

If mentioned above method works for you that will be great.

Otherwise can you please reset photoshop preferences and reboot photoshop.

Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Reset

Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I tried all these steps. None of them worked so far. Any other solutions you could suggest we try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I just realized that the new Photoshop now has inverted functions as explained above. I have spent many years with Photoshop using the <shift> feature to proportionally resize layers and only this time had that been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is the new behavior.

Check this out.

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried the edit - free transform tool with the layer selected, but the box to resize is showing up over to the side and is not letting me grab the image to resize. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you zoom out to grab the handles?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can grab the handles of the box, yes, but it is not around the layer I want, though I have selected that layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Auto-select in the options bar. That way the layer moved will be the layer selected in the layers panel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still doing the same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It's a 3d element?

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, but following "Edit > Preferences > Performance and Check Legacy Compositing" resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it is an extremely annoying change in CC2019, to do the restrain-proportions resize, when you place or free-transform a layer, click on the resize boxes to resize proportionally with ONLY the ALT key (or without if centering is not important). If you press SHIFT, it will NOT keep the proportions, sadly. 

Basically, just don't hold down SHIFT while resizing and it'll do what it's supposed to do.

I hope this helps some people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so ridiculous that Adobe would make this change to something so basic as a proportional 'transform' - 

I do not understand what is happening to the company - change for the sake of change is NOT good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alicia - If you don't like it , and are using the current version (V21) then just turn it off in Preferences > General >Use Legacy Free Transform

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I used the edit - free transform tool with the layer selected and the box to resize shows up over to the side of the layer, so it is not letting me grab it to resize. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines