• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cellphone Authentication is not about Security

May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not fooling anyone with Cellphone Authentication login
As long as they are being paid, why should they care who is using the software.
Adobe is a part of the Big Tech problem we have in America.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User 

Are you talking about two-step verification? If so, you can turn it off in your Profile page > Password and security.

~ Jane

DB1260DB-1300-4C1B-93F1-2C358F75F140.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn’t just “cell phone authentication” because it’s standard Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). A phone is not needed. For example, my password manager can fill MFA codes on my computer only, even if my phone is not in the room.

It also isn’t just about the software. You have to remember that a Creative Cloud account is also about access to content and services like fonts, stock, files stored online, the Adobe Portfolio and Behance services, Creative Cloud Libraries, mobile app logins, etc. If someone was on a deadline and some hacker took over their Adobe account, they could lose access to all their content and services in addition to the applications at a critical time.

To prevent this, it is a good thing Adobe implemented MFA. It puts another obstacle in front of those who would take over our accounts. I want that level of protection. Web sites and services today that do not use MFA are unnecessarily exposing their users to hack attacks. Security experts recommend that everyone use MFA on any website that is critical to your life or work.

Also, it is a very good thing Adobe is using MFA and not simple SMS cell phone authentication, because SMS authentication is not very secure.

Now, this might sound like Adobe is being proactive, but really it’s the opposite: Adobe had no choice but to implement MFA, because Adobe servers were the source of some of the largest security breaches in the last 10 years. MFA should make that a little more difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

B.S.!!!!!!!!! If you are automatically opted into sharing your phone number, then you have created a "TASK" for the user. WE DONT NEED MORE TASKS AND WE DONT NEED YOU TAKING OUR PERSONAL INFO.
>> UX 101

I only use Adobe when I have clients that need me to collaborate with other designers.
I personally use Affinity products now as much as possible.

Adobe could run faster and better without taking your data by using WEBASSEMBLY.
That would only require a conventional login, but they instead want to take your data.
Adobe is a part of the privacy issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines