• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center Product in Image

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I am attempting to crop photos so that the product (furniture) is centered within the photo and uniform across all photos - there is no clear centerpoint on the furniture. The products photos are nearly idential but I would like to make sure they are idential.

Is there an easy way to center and crop photos so they are all uniform. Ideally I would find a way to do this in Lightoom but Photoshop or Lightroom Classic are OK as well. 

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least three sample images of wildly differing furniture shots would help. They don't need to be high resolution, but it may help to consistently resize them to the same % value for consistency in evaluation.

EDIT: I have some ideas, but they need testing using your specific files. Do all the files need to be normalised to the same pixel dimensions/ratio for display on a website or in a printed catalogue, as well as the same position? Identical may not be possible without some manual adjustments, but the majority of this process could be semi-automated in one or more automated steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Stephen_A_Marsh thst I'd like to see the photos. When I have to center something, I make the canvas size a number in inches that's easily divisible by 2 (i.e. 12 inches as opposed to 12.3 inches), and then position a guide at the center according to the ruler at the top of the workspace. Then I'd size my three images all the same and use the guides and ruler to position them on the canvas.

Here, I made a canvas 5" wide (because my photos are tiny) and positioned the guides accordingly:

ADOBE-centered-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load them all into the same document and align them by temporarily lowering opacity, and perhaps using some guides.  When you are happy, right click and Duplicate them to new documents.  But I'll add a me-too that we can only guess at your intent without more information and sample images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephen_A_Marsh @Leslie Moak Murray 

Here are sample photos. There are 9 products total, all of which have identical dimensions with different color legs and table top. I took three photos of each product - side, angle and front. Each photo was taken from the same angle and products were staged in the same spots for the 3 shots. That said, if you toggle between side angle shots, the product moves slightly. 

My goals are to:

1) Center Photos

2) Align each like shot (all side angle shots identical...etc.)

3) Crop photos slightly while maintaining standard ratio

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's how I'd do it. Make a new canvas slightly smaller than the photos but in the same ratio, then drag each photo onto the new canvas and move it around until it looks centered. When all three are on the new canvas, you can align them vertically by matching the floor line.

0.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines