• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp in darken mode not working as expected

Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remove a light halo that extends into both the blue and magenta areas. Following instructions at this website, with the clone stamp tool set to darken mode, I sampled the blue area (about 55 luminance) and painted the halo with a clone stamp brush large enough to cover the halo and a little of both the blue and magenta areas. 

The article says, "With Darken mode, however, only the pixels that are LIGHTER than the source pixels are replaced." So, I expected that with darken mode only pixels lighter than the 55 luminance blue source would be affected, but as you can see, it's darkening into the magenta, which is 40-42 luminance, producing a blue of 30 L. And for some reason, this unwanted darkening only extends 3-4 pixels into the magenta.

Any idea why it's affecting pixels darker than my 55 L source?

Is there a better way to remove a halo like this, that extends into two adjacent colors?

Thanks,
Russell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your file and the layers look exactly like in the Tutorial?

You can also try to clone stamp on a new/empty Pixel Layer – and set this one to «Darken Mode».

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines