• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp using fixed sample (that never moves)

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certain this feature exists somehow, but I'm looking to use the clone stamp with a fixed (Alt-click defined) sample area - except that instead of aligning with the tool as I use it, it *never moves*.  In other words, I just want to use the clone stamp tool to paint with a fixed area of the image that never changes as I paint/draw.  Does that make sense?  Doesn't seem like a difficult request...

Yes I could just sample the color from the area I want to paint with, but I want to retain some part of the texture of the sampled area...

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Align checkbox in the options bar? Or something else?

707449B6-FC9F-44E7-ACA4-1A79B18D74A1.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Jane.  Regardless of whether or not the Aligned checkbox is checked, the sampled spot still moves as I draw/paint with the clone tool.  I think I'm asking the wrong question.  I think perhaps the question I should be asking is, how to a take a small sample of the image, and use it as a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a sample of what you mean? 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  Here's an example of what I mean from the GIMP photo editor.  I figured in Photoshop it would be just as easy.

CanPhotoshopDoThis.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines