• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp - WHere is the Circle?

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the recent updates has changed the cursors and everything else... again.

I used to use the clone stamp and it showed a circle so you could see how large of an area you were going to clone. Now it just shows the clone stamp symbol.  The paranthesis still increases and decreases the size, but it's very difficult to see it until you are over contrasting areas.

Dopes anyone know how I can go back to how it used to be?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Clone Stamp is using brush to paint. Check Preferences > Cursors > Painting Cursors, set to Normal Brush Tip, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preferences for Cursors.

Check you don't have the Cap Locks key down. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clone Stamp is using brush to paint. Check Preferences > Cursors > Painting Cursors, set to Normal Brush Tip, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the clone stamp brush preset exactly the same as you can with the brush tool.  I will say that of all the Photoshop tools that can get its knickers in a twist, the Clone tool would be right up there near the top of the list, so reesetting the tool is always a good first step.  Unlike resetting Preferences — which is annoying, and even more annoying if it doesn't help — resetting tools usually has no down side, so if I ever need to reset, I usually chose to reset all tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. All three of you. All of your answers helped.

I appreciate it.

I had checked cursors, but couldn't fiond anything on the clone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines