• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color discrepancy passing from ACR to Photoshop

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update I found a color discrepancy when going from ACR to Photoshop. I was working everything in 16 bit AdobeRGB. After returning to 22.4.2, everything worked fine again.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Color Settings (Edit menu) the same in both versions of Photoshop? Have any of the defaults changed? Do the images have assigned Color Profiles or are they being displayed using defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael for your reply. The PS color settings are the same in both versions. Nothing has changed. The default RAW values in ACR are in "Camera Settings".

Note: I realized working on a night photo: in ACR everything appears normal. When you go to Photoshop the most obvious for me were some shadow areas with a little reddish tones and some others slightly more contrasted. I just thought there were some settings changed but everything was in order. I'm on a calibrated 27 "5K iMac and I guess that allowed me to realize the problem. I repeat: now everything is normal but I had to downgrade to PS v22.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries mate. Have you confirmed that Color Profiles are the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe RGB (1998) - 16 bit in ACR, the same in PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color settings don't need to match. Any profile specified in ACR will be correctly handled in Photoshop, whatever it is.

If there is a color mismatch, it's a monitor profile problem. Either the profile itself is defective, or the wrong profile is used, or the profile conversion is botched by a buggy video driver. Either is equally likely.

But "night photo" might point to a different issue. It could be a very noisy image, and then you need to view at 100% for a correct preview. At any other zoom ratio, different screen resampling algorithms might affect the result. So before you do anything else, compare at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Compared at 100% at 200% etc, etc... The point is, it had never happened to me before:
Fact 1) Work normal in ACR and when opening the image in Photoshop find an absurd reddish coloration especially in the shadow area.
Fact 2) Try to find the solution by changing settings in my software (including monitor profiles).
Fact 3) Not having success I went back to the previous version of Photoshop and everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines