• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Glitches (Desaturates) Every Time I Draw

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened about a month ago when I started to really get into digital art. When I paint on the canvas, the colors go from normal to a little desaturated, and just keeps on repeating. I will lay down one stroke and the colors are fine. I lay another stroke down and it is a little desaturated. Another stroke after that and the colors go back to normal. It happens so frequently that it looks like it is glitching sort of. 

I don't know what is wrong with my photoshop, but help would be greatly appreciated. I will post a screen recorded video to further clarify.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the first tip is working. Tried it out this morning and it didn't seem to glitch anymore. However, I will keep testing it out to make sure it is fine. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool, 3D Features and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there other permanant solutions to this glitch? When I restart photoshop and load it back up, the program works fine. But after a while, it starts glitching again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with multiple screens and multipple GPUs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 2 files open when I am working in photoshop. One for reference photos and one for the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines