Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Overlay Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have followed the steps for adding an overlay color to my layer and none of the colors are working.  Here are my steps:

Select Layer > Fx > Color Overlay > Choose color e79d46 > Ok

I get no color change at all - just a white page. I have even tried opening a new document and immediately trying to add a color overlay and it still isn't working. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Hi

When you use Shift -F5 you should get a dialogue on how to fill. Choose a solid colour (e.g. foreground color) not Content Aware

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The same problem is happening to me"

Hi Emmanuela,

Several slightly different problems have been asked in the thread. Can you clarify your issue and show screen shots?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating to say the least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I am trying to apply a layer, but each time I do I end up with a blank screen

default0zu3byyrdiez_0-1632912714155.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I clicked shift and F5 nothing happened.

I want to change the colour but I can't and I don't understand why I go to colour overlay and try to change the colour but the colour remains the same grey what should I do I have a photoshop cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FarFetched,

Shift+F5 is the shortcut for Edit > Fill. Try it from the menu, and if that doesn't work, please give us screenshots as shown earlier in this thread.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, I have a problem with trying to do a drop shadow of an elephant. I have copied the layer then went to FX to select a color overlay which I want black, however it blacks the entire screen and not just the elephant. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AC,

Did you make a selection of the elephant first? Without a selection, the entire layer will get the color. An alternate method is to paint the shadow in with a soft brush on the underneath layer. Can you show screen shots of your layers and image so we can better advise?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines