Exit

Coloring a product cap has Gold reflective color

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a perfume bottle. I want to modify the color of the cap,

Because the cap is of a reflective nature, Which is why it reflects the light surrounding it, and this makes the image look bad,

As you can see in the image below:

20210713_221017.jpg

I modified its colors through Adjustment to become like the picture below,

 

7.png

I feel like it's not pretty that good, maybe you have better ideas. 

I look forward to getting a better and more professional color like this images bellow,

4.png

 

3.png

 

6.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful to me, thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

You will save yourself hours of Photoshop work if you light it correctly in the first place. Normally that would be studio lights with large softboxes. However, if you are experimenting at home, try shining a couple of bright lights through white sheets. A shiny metallic surface is all about reflections so you want to give it something to reflect but that will not be destracting when viewed.

Alternatively, as we have mentioned in other posts, make the object in a 3D app and set up the lighting i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will save yourself hours of Photoshop work if you light it correctly in the first place. Normally that would be studio lights with large softboxes. However, if you are experimenting at home, try shining a couple of bright lights through white sheets. A shiny metallic surface is all about reflections so you want to give it something to reflect but that will not be destracting when viewed.

Alternatively, as we have mentioned in other posts, make the object in a 3D app and set up the lighting in your computer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

I am currently learning Blender as you advised me in a previous posts,

But I still have a long way to do such this tasks in Blender, i guess.

But currently I will rely on your trick "try shining a couple of bright lights through white sheets....etc" to get the desired result.

I Always benefit from your comments, advice and experience in this field.
Thank you for sharing and valuable advice.

My greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines