• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colorproblems in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone out there. Have this Problem in Photoshop: when working on a picture and switching to the full display mode, the colors of the picture are changing, saturation is going down. and it is switching between "normal" color and lower saturation color while moving the picture with the hand-tool. any solutions for this problem? does anybody knwos this problem? working with a mac pro and an external samsung screen... thx for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You meant a MacBook Pro perhaps?

It seems there are currently issues with Adobe apps and Macs with additional displays 

Mac dual screen issues in photoshop

Here is my workaround for MacBook users:
Set both Display screens to use the master display profile (normally the external display) in the System preferences / color pane - that fixes it, but of course the MacBook screen is now inaccurate. so it's only a workaround 'til Adobe can fix this issue. 

Setting your MacBook (in system preferences displays/color to use the external display profile, your Samsung), it not destructive, you can easily switch back

Open System Preferences: Displays/color
see the icon there - at the left of row 2 - click it

SYS PREFS MAIN.jpg

 

You'll now see 2  dialog boxes, one on each screen, if you set each to the 'color' tab, they'll show the selected display screen ICC profile for that screen along with a list of others that are available.

[you may need to uncheck "show profiles for this display only"]

Simply check the name of the profile that’s being used on the external display in the dropdown list and select that from the list on your MacBook. 
Done.

You may need to restart Photoshop.

To change the MacBook back, should you wish to, perhaps for stand-alone use, simply select the original display screen ICC profile again on the MacBook - it's probably called "colorLCD"

I have a few test profiles here in the screen-shot below, but you can see the original "colorLCD", that’s' a display screen ICC profile that Apple made automatically for my Macbook 

SCREENSHOT:

Sys prefs - display - color.jpg

 

:: CALIBRATION & PROFILING OF YOUR SYSTEM::
IF you are doing any serious imaging work and would like to see continuity of appearance between your system and others, such as a print service - or even your own printer - then your main working display really does need to be calibrated & profiled.
For that you'll need a sensor such as the X-Rite i1display pro (better than Spyder).
Also you'll need good software.
In this case, I highly recommend basICColor display v6 calibration & profiling software 
more here https://www.colourmanagement.net/products/basiccolor/basiccolor-display-software/

With any calibration you need to be sure that the achieved result is accurate, my belief is that the only way to achieve that is by using an unequivocal reference, a physical reference item. For this I use http://www.colourmanagement.net/products/icc-profile-verification-kit

Here is more discussion:

images color changing on external monitor and MBP
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/images-color-changing-on-external-monitor-and-mbp/m-p/11812...

Inconsistent color display on external monitors, Photoshop v 22.1.1 and Bridge v 11.0.1, Mac
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/inconsistent-color-display-on-external-monitors-photoshop-v...

tomekbu writes:

There are lots users suffering from this problem. I have opened a thread at Adobe Photoshop Family with lots of examples. At the first post I store a summary there - what have been found/tested so far, as well as links to other threads
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/unresolved-photoshop-2210-critical-problem-wi...

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris, 

I wonder if this is predominantly an issue on M1 chip macs and dual displays?

It seems that Apple have 'changed' the display sensing/ display description on those Macs to show displays as "unknown", internally rather than by name.  

I was speaking to the developer of basICColor display 6 software about this today and he came across the issue, for which he has had to develop a workaround. Of course it's been reported to Apple but as their "issue with LUT type ICC profiles" has been around since OSX 10.12 and much reported, maybe a fix will not happen anytime soon.  

If anyone would like to test display 6 on their mac which is showing this issue it would be great to have feedback: https://www.colourmanagement.net/products/basiccolor/basiccolor-display-software/

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines