• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer bluescreened while latest photoshop was open.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer bluescreened while latest photoshop was open. Now I cant open the .PSD file I spent a lot of time working on. I've tried using repair PSD file programs but none of them work. When I try and open the .PSD file it gives me this error. 

ReedManDude_0-1623846566740.png

Does anyone know how I can get back my .PSD?

I attached the .PSD here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EUfBl5k1mWjWhIwi3O4yika2xqgfN10Q/view?usp=sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That PSD is no good on this end, either in Photoshop or other products like GraphicConverter. Seems utterly corrupted or worse:

BadPSD.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open it either.  😞

Blue screens are never good when it comes to open documents. Corruption is very likely.

I can't stress this enough: If you're working on something mission-critical, make sure you have copy of a copy. That way, if one document goes kablooey, you have another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright. Well at least I have screenshots of it (it was a rough draft of a drawing) so it isn't too bad but still very annoying. I'm definitely going to make backups from now on. Typically photoshop does it for me but not this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines