• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect broken lines

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use the brush tool to connect broken lines. This work is done manually. Is there any other more efficient way for me to get it done? I attached the link to download the demo file 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UTRnOfY262XzkCNhZfTKfxPD56NQpPHk?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think so. There isn't any built in option to make your life easier, as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered doing the linework in Illustrator? 

I am not sure the »connecting« could be done automatically there for vector lines to your needs but it seems a bit more likely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reasonably sure that there's nothing that will do that at the moment, but I am thinking it is not impossible.  You'd need to indicate to such a tool that this is the gap you want to fix, so it wouldn't be a one click solution.  But clicking the cursor above each break would surely be faster than fixing them manually.

The only reason I am answering your post is that if it is doable, I think I know the man who could do it, and that's Guillaume Stordeur of Lazy Nezumi Pro.  He has a lot of customers in your line of work, so if you think it is a feature other illustrators would make use of, he might be tempted — that's if it is doable.  You can tell him that I told you to bother him if you like. 🙂   

Note: This is only valid if you are a Windows user. There is unlikely to ever be an OSX version of LNP.

contact@lazynezumi.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines