Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting files in bulk from png to jpeg

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is there any way of converting bulk of files to another file type? I am creating clipart sets with huge amounts of files and I need them saved in png and jpeg. Is there any bulk actions to make this process easier and more time effective than doing them one by one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

With the Batch command you need to think a bit in advance to avoid confusion with original / copy. Do you want to save out the copies to a separate folder, keeping the originals unchanged? Or do you want them in the same folder, replacing the originals?

If you save out to a different file format you always get a separate copy. Saving out to jpeg won't replace the png.

You should also be aware that jpeg is a destructive format and every new resave degrades the image a bit (lots of people don't know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch action, Image Processor. Both are core Photoshop functions and will do what you want. Both can also be launched from selected files in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you! You "saved my life" 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Batch command you need to think a bit in advance to avoid confusion with original / copy. Do you want to save out the copies to a separate folder, keeping the originals unchanged? Or do you want them in the same folder, replacing the originals?

If you save out to a different file format you always get a separate copy. Saving out to jpeg won't replace the png.

You should also be aware that jpeg is a destructive format and every new resave degrades the image a bit (lots of people don't know that). So it's not recommended to keep jpegs as master files. Saving out to jpeg should only be done once, at the very end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer and help! I am creating clipart and I always make the original in png and in the last step I also make a copy of the png in jpeg-format. I sell the files in both png and jpeg (I deliver both file-types to the customer). I tried the batch process and it worked wonderfully. This saves me much time (and effort). I always save the original file in png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fact just blew my mind, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines