Copying combined shapes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. So I have a couple basic shapes I made that overlap each other. Is the only way to copy both shapes at the same time to select both layers and use the selection/alt? Basically that just makes two more layers as copies. There's gotta be a simplier way to do this. I tried combining shapes so they were on one layer together but when I go to copy them only one shape copies - the other one just moves. It just seems like an excessive amount of layers just to duplicate a set of shapes that really I just want all on one layer. I can't find any articles that specifically explain what I am trying to do because I'd like to have it duplicated multiple times on the same layer. Thoughts?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If both shape layer have the same fill and stoke. You can merge the layers however the stoke will be around the  merged shape  not around each closed overlapping shape path.  A Shape layer is a fill layer, pattern fill, gradient fill, color fill.  If you merge different fill shapes one fill will win.  one stoke type will wins, one stoke color will win. Top layer is the winner.....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to duplicate existing path on shape layer and efectively make two shapes on the same layer? Did you tried with Alt + drag with Path Selection Tool? That should duplicate path on the same shape layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines