Copying from another file and pasting just adds a vector mask and other fun stuff.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday when I opened up Photoshop I had to sign in again and when I did, everything had changed. I had no workspace at all. So I applied the usual workspace I use "Photography" and continued work as normal. Until I noticed that when I used the shortcut 'G' for 'Gradient/Paint Bucket' I only got the option for 'Gradient', to get to the 'Paint Bucket' I had to press the '...' underneath all of the tools, this wasn't like this. When I wanted to switch between the two, I just hit the little triangle under the 'Gradient' tool and chose 'Paint Bucket'. Additionally, I attempted to paste an image onto another (two separate files) and instead of getting a new layer with the pasted image, I got a vector mask linked to the layer I was currently on. I've been using Photoshop for more than 10 years and this has never happened to me. I went into 'Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus' to see if something had changed or could be edited but I found there weren't many options. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?