• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error

Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have just downladed photoshop and every time I click start the toutorial or create new this pops up

Capture.PNG

"Could not complete your request because of a program error" 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, restarting my computer and I bought extra store space but nothing has worked...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah this is NOT Fixed. I am on v22.4.2. Nothing works, I can't do anything without getting this message. This is NOT solved and there are several current messages below in the last two months. I have to use PS for work, we are paying for it, and now I'm screwed. "sorry client, PS stopped working."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I would first try to delete the preferences, hold down CTRL+SHIFT+ALT as soon as you click on the Ps icon.

I would also try to check if there are newer drivers for your graphic card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have got to be kidding with this garbage, Photoshop has been out for 30 years and you still cant get it to run properly? And you want us to pay for something that doesnt work?  Know what FRAUD means? Yes, I bet you do. It means selling something that doesnt work or is not the same item as was promised, such as a working program. My graphics hardware is NOT preventing Photoshop from closing or doing anything. I manage files that are over 1 GB all the time, but when I try to close PS I get the same error. THE EXACT SAME ERROR. All preferences have been deleted, removed uninstalled, all the time wasting maintenance that you expect your users to do.  And you wonder why people use their own version. The ONLY thing that changed is that I made the mistake of updating PS.  So it needs new hardware but you are calling it a bug? Is this an issue or a feature? Am I supposed to run out and upgrade hardware only to find out THE ERROR IS STILL THERE?

First, since Photoshop 22.0 hardware requirements have increased, ensure your system meets Photoshop's minimum requirements.

If your graphics hardware is unsupported, you may need to update to more modern graphics hardware.

See Unsupported graphics cards

Second, reinstall or update your graphics card driver.
Third, restore Photoshop's preferences.

Fourth, disable the GPU.

See Disable the GPU to quickly narrow down the issue

If this step helps, perform further GPU troubleshooting.

See Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Finally, if none of the above suggestions help, roll back to the previous version of Photoshop.

See Revert to the previous Photoshop version

Yeah, no thanks, back to the version that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If installation of a new version is going to break the software, then it should not auto-install.  Customers should be warned of new requirements and given the choice, or better yet, the software should scan the system before installing and abort install if it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. The entitled, unthinking  fascisim that is now core to the broken software development 'industry' beggars belief. I am PAYING for this software, yet Adobe feels under absolutely no obligation to provide me with a working product. Customers are entirely irrelevant in the Adobe world view. We will take whatever they deem to give us, and should feel lucky to get it.

There is such a need for monopoly companies like Adobe, Microsoft etc. to be broken up and properly regulated. Instead, they are allowed to buy up the competition and close them down (remember Freehand?). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is why other software companies, like Figma, are beginning to take the place of Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, affected users should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes this very issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not fix the issue. I have 22.3.0 and it keeps on poping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a worse error on startup but do get a bug report form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time this error goes away is when I nuke my settings folder.  Seriously considering canceling my subscription over this issue.  I'd like to be able to use it without having to blow it away every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have had this problem in March 2021.

Online support gave me this fix; it's an issue with the graphics card.

"Please try Go to launch photoshop and go to Photoshop's Preferences > Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor and restart Photoshop"

It worked after closing and re launching photoshop. Files opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way. the reason we get graphic cards is to boost performance. This is really not an acceptable answer. There should be an actual fix, not just slowing down our computers and reducing capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know tell me about it. My computer is a 2019! Are they cutting off support that soon! Wish we had more choice in this monopoly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open preferences, how am I supposed to change anything without being able to open PS in the first place? UGH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is still an issue. My Photoshop is up-to-date, so that is not the issue.

I can't do anything without that message popping up. I can't even close the applications, I have to force quit it.

This is ridiculous. I have work to do. We are paying for this  software. I can't get any work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, for me everything is up-to-date. Sucks that it's happening again. In the past the software let me know there was a problem and turned it off for me; none of this error business, it's a waste of our time. I originally did an uninstall, reinstall, restarted everything and until I clicked that check box it wouldn't run. 

Hope this fix get you back to work, but sucks for anyone doing 3D rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downgrading it to see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both fixes in this article (going to version 22.1.1 and turning off the Graphics Processor). Neither has worked and I am unale to use PS at all.  I get the error when I try to open anything and I also get it if I try to close PS (I have to force end via task manager).  Any other suggestions?  I need to use PS again for work and I'm at a total loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign into Adobe support and live text with one of their reps. Thats how I was able to do what I did. This is a real sticking point this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines