• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not save as because of a program error.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this Could not save as "file name" because of a program error everytime I try to save. Any known fixes as this is getting frustrating payingfor software that dose not work. My Mac is brand new so I know its not the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

I figured out the problem with online chat. It was an external harddrive permissoions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know which program you are having problems with. Someone will be along to move this post to the appropriate product forum, where you are more likely to get an answer to your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.2.0 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem with online chat. It was an external harddrive permissoions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering how you fixed the harddrive permissions issue. I've granted full disk access and am still having the problem. Can you assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to follow up with the same problem on vrs 22.3.0 in MacOS 11.2.3 

I've made sure Full Disk Access is allowed on both Lightroom Classic 10.2 and PS, It will allow me to save once(in .tif) but any more saves I get the response of "Could not save "file name" because of a program error".

It will allow me to "save as" under a different file name.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing , based on the fact that there is no response to this message from April 15th , that I won't get a response either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue and it's driving me crazy. The Adobe help suggested rolling back to a previous version of Photoshop, which I did, and the problem was still there. Someone above (Starwhale) suggested it was an external hard drive permissions issue. I'm not sure what that means but I figured I'd let you know. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If I save a file and then decide to change something and then save again to replace the previos file I get the "can't save because of a program error" I am using PS 22.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

MacOS Big Sur 11.4

PS 22.4.2

Has anyone figured something out regarding this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?? I just upgraded to PS 2022 and the problem is even worse! Used to just happen when adjusting a jpg then resaving, but now it is also happening with layered .psd files!! Where are the external harddrive permissions instructions? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I know this isn't a solution, but I've just been having to save a copy to the Desktop, then drag/drop that file into the harddrive to replace the file that won't save there. Crazy that this is still an issue in the current version.

Pretty annoying, but I hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? It has been driving me insane. Starwhale said it was an external harddrive issue, but was also absolutely useless in telling us what that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe chat got me the answer. This is what they worked out in my situation.

"So sometimes when we use multiple monitors, our app considers one of our monitor as a Graphics Card and hence causes such issue, so as soon as we removed extra screen, Photoshop was able to detect correct Graphics Card and hence that issue got away, you may reconnect your screens and try again."

I unplugged my to external monitors from the main screen, restarted photoshop, then re-plugged in the monitors and files were saving again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines