• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3 problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview a CR3 file I am able to see everything that I saw in my camera viewfinder, but when I open the CR3 file the image is cropped, why?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the image you see on the camera is a JPEG embedded preview. So aside from a crop, don't expect a match. 

If the image looks very cropped, are you ceratin you don't have some crop preset invoked? Can you provide a screen capture of the two for us to see the differences? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually had a chat with adobe it appears that CR# handles things a tad differently,  One can adjust the crop in RAW so that you do not lose anything.  in actualy fact the JPEG and RAW images are an identical match size wise !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines