• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL+; not working to show/hide guides

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading photoshop to the latest version the show/hide shortcut is not working properly.

Using this shortcut makes the current layer on/off. the shortcut CTRL+; show or hide layer instead of guides.

Shortcuts setting are OK

I did reset preset to default.

And reinstalled the software too.

Both Photoshop and OS windows are Italian. Even tried to change languade to english/english

Does anyone have suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a problem like that but I have a US keyboard and you most likely have an Italian keyboard on your PC. The Problem may lie in keyboard support.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what Version you are using but in Version 22.4.2 german layout it is the same. On german Keyboard its CTR+, to hide the guidelines. I found that there is a conflict with Hide Layers, that uses the same Keyboard shortcut. Go to Keyboard shortcuts and delete the shortcut at Hide layers and all works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem (2024)! The suggested fix does not work for me (delete shortcut to hide layer)…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Maybe not working with US keyboard (Spanish). 

Better solution or more clearVSexplained... Go to Photoshop, Edit/ Keyboard Shortcuts... (search for: "View/Show..." section) and I just changed like in older versions, the command to show/hide guides to "shift+cmd+;". Just add an extra "shift" to the command and all commands work properly. (In my case, actually appears "," instead ";" but works fine) .

Just that or your favourite custom command (but don't enter in conflict with others...)
Nice day !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe working with US keyboard (But i'm using a Spanish...).***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines