• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curves drawn in all programs are Jagged

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for posting about this again, but I'm still having this very frustrating problem and may be able to describe it better. 

The problem:

The picture I included is from an old photoshop file where I have drawn a lot of circles. The lighter circles on the lower portion are from the old file, and the darker circles above them are circles I drew today. As you can see, the darker circles from today look jagged -- like they are made of small straight lines instead of a smooth curve --  while the lighter circles from months ago are completely smooth and fluid. It's almost as if my tablet has a lower polling rate than it used to. My thinking by now is that it is more of a Windows issue, but maybe someone has experience with this issue or a suggestion on how to fix it?

What I have tried:

I have updated photoshop, restarted the computer countless times, fully uninstalled and reinstalled tablet drivers, tried my best to kill windows ink, messed with photoshop settings, Made a PSUserConfig file with system stylus settings, messed with tablet related services, changed tablet settings.

The system:

Windows PC with i5-7600k and Nvidia GTX 1070, 32 GB ram. Wacom Intuos Tablet. The program runs well so I don't think it's a lag issue.

Pathetic Cry For Help

Please help. I'm desperate at this point lol. I really really want to draw normally. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

I noticed you do not have smoothing checked on in the brush panel options.

Check that option on and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Smoothing even at 0% activates the feature. Increasing it tends to overcompensate and lose detail. Be sure to mark the answer as correct if satisfied! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed you do not have smoothing checked on in the brush panel options.

Check that option on and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned smoothing on and it fixed the issue. I'm a little confused that at 0% smoothing it fixes the issue. Is it just normal for tablets to report each point so far apart that it creates these lines? Then the software just guesses at the real shape of the stroke? Sorry that I didn't try smoothing but I assumed 0% smoothing was the same as having it disabled, and I wasn't trying to artificially smooth the lines. I'm glad that it's fixed but now I'm confused and interested in how these tablets/photoshop work. Here's a picture of a circle and then a circle with nothing changed except for enabling smoothing at 0%

Anyway, thank you so much. I hope this post can help someone as dumb as me figure out that to get a smooth line, perhaps use smoothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Smoothing even at 0% activates the feature. Increasing it tends to overcompensate and lose detail. Be sure to mark the answer as correct if satisfied! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines