• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom shortcut for changing brush size?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I recently switched from an iMac to a Windows Pc and what absolutely annoys me, is the shortcut for changing the brush size...

I'm painting on a Wacom Cintiq and there you need to press Alt + the button on the pencil, which to me feels pretty unnatural, since I'm used to pressing command + alt on the mac. Felt much more intuitive.

I wonder if there's a way to assign the brush size to alt + strg or even better, alt + windows key?

Please tell me that should be possible... 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What JJ said... use your bracket keys on your keyboard to change your brush size - to the right of the letter P - [ ]. You can also right click on your canvas when using your brush. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the replies. However I do hate using the brackets, since they are "too far away" on the keyboard. I'm baffled at the fact that there seems to be no way to just make up my own hotkeys for that feature... So frustrating tbh. I just want to scale my brush size with the keys that I assigned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you Cintiq not have buttons ring or some Wacon device for shortcuts? My Wacon Intuos tablet does. Go for wacom accessory for the cintiq https://estore.wacom.com/en-US/expresskey-remote-accessory-us-ack411050.html

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled at the fact that there seems to be no way to just make up my own hotkeys for that feature...

You can reassign them under keyboard shortcuts (tools), set them to Q and W keys for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush is the tool  Brush size changing is not a tool  but Photoshop has has two shortcut [] that you can not change you can set device that have buttons, wheels etc to keyboard keys you can set them to  [ and ].    B is the brush tools shortcut  you can edit tool shortcut and change it not to be B be something else..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to switch those kays to others using AHK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your cintiq have an Express Wheel or Touch Ring?  That's usually my go to method of adjusting brusg size.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines