• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivate & Uninstall??

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:  How do you fully deactivate and uninstall Photoshop and CC from a computer? I want to free up an activation for a new computer.

Problem:  I want to deactivate Adobe CC 2021 from my Laptop. I won't be using it again on that machine. Adobe says you should deactivate the program by Signing Out first. I go Help>Sign Out. Now I want to run the Uninstaller. As soon as I click on it, it wants me to sign back into Adobe. I can do that, but then that also (presumably) is reactivating the program. Adobe says that uninstalling the program does NOT deactivate it. It seems like this is a loop. You can't uninstall the program without signing in, which activates the program again. Can anyone please clear up this confusion. I want to free up an activation for another computer. Thanks.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Hi

Go to your Adobe account from here Adobe Account

Select Plans > My Plan > Manage Plan, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see activated devices, you can deactivate the laptop from there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to your Adobe account from here Adobe Account

Select Plans > My Plan > Manage Plan, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see activated devices, you can deactivate the laptop from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you deactivate the program after you uninstall it then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it will still show as activated on the page I mentioned above, so just hit the deactivate button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll give it a try now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh forgot to mention, you're allowed 2 activations at a time, so you can have Photoshop activated on 2 PC's at the same time but only use it on one.

So if Photoshop is activated on 2 PC's you just need to close it on one PC if you want to use it on another

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From about 2 years beside activating Ps on 2 comps, you can also use it on both at same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I have it activated on my main iMac but the LT doesn't really have the giddy-up to run it anymore and I virtually never use it on that anyway. That's why I wanted to remove it from that computer. So I've done all that, but interestingly, it's still not showing up as activated on my LT even though I signed back in with it. It is showing as activated on the iMac, so I guess I'm good to go. One last question though - Adobe CC is still on this LT. As long as it's not taking up any significant room, I don't really care, but is there a way to remove it as well should I decide to do so? Thanks!

By the by, I uninstalled Photoshop from the CC Control Panel. I assume that does fully uninstall it (I opted to not keep any preferences)? I'm looking to get back as much space as I can on the HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under my Manage Plans only shows cancel or change and not deactivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines