• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Define Pattern vanishes the colors. Define pattern Problem. New layer pattern problem

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an image, in RGB mode.  When I had it done, I clicked on "Define pattern" and saved the new pattern.  When I go to use it to fill, however, the resulting repeating file is completely altered. Contrast seems to be affected as well as color and brightness. I attached the original image, on the right with vibrant colors, and the final image (new layer/pattern) on the left, the color seems vanished. Please help!
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post more meaningful screenshots of the original file and the one in which the pattern appears changed with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible. 

Edit: What are the two images’ Color Spaces (ICC Profiles)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

I don't know if patterns are saved in the same color space, in which they were created, but it looks like your target file is different than that of the pattern. I would try a test to make sure the patterns are saved with an ICC profile by saving one in Abode RGB and the same one in SRGB, then try applying both to two new docs, in each color space and see if the colors match up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post more meaningful screenshots of the original file and the one in which the pattern appears changed with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible. 

Edit: What are the two images’ Color Spaces (ICC Profiles)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the response. Here is a new video, where you can see more clearly. They are both in RGB8, but one is a JPG file (where I want to add another layer and save it later as a PSD) and the other one is a .PSD.

I Define Pattern on the PSD and then I try to apply the pattern on a new layer of the JPG. That´s when the layer with the pattern looks vanished.

I have tested opening another PSD file, instead of working on a JPG base, and everything looks correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»They are both in RGB8«

I did not ask about the Color Mode but the Color Space! 

And I fail to see the Status Bar displaying the Document Profile in your recording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Yes, sorry for that and thank you for the info. You are totally right! They have different profiles.

You are a master! Thank you

Have a nice day 🙂

Mia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if patterns are saved in the same color space, in which they were created, but it looks like your target file is different than that of the pattern. I would try a test to make sure the patterns are saved with an ICC profile by saving one in Abode RGB and the same one in SRGB, then try applying both to two new docs, in each color space and see if the colors match up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I have tested what you said an when I opened a new PSD file everything worked fine. I think the problem is when I try to work on a JPG file and I add a new layer where I apply the pattern. Here is the response and the video I have attached to @Chuck Uebele 

"Here is a new video, where you can see more clearly. They are both in RGB8, but one is a JPG file (where I want to add another layer and save it later as a PSD) and the other one is a .PSD.

I Define Pattern on the PSD and then I try to apply the pattern on a new layer of the JPG. That´s when the layer with the pattern looks vanished.

I have tested opening another PSD file, instead of working on a JPG base, and everything looks correct."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Looks like I was working on different color spaces.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When I create the pattern it creates a desaturated version. Both files are using the same sRGB color space and both are 16bit. The color settings screenshot is identical for both files. 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 10.14.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 10.17.09 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-26 at 10.19.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both files are using the same sRGB color space and both are 16bit. 

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post screenshots that proof that claim. 

Edit: 

statusBar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines