Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct Selection Tool Not Moving Objects

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not able to move layers or objects with the direct selection tool selected. I cannot align multiple layers or move layers unless I "command + T" to select the entire item and then move. 

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Hi Judith,

The Direct Selection tool (white arrow, keyboard: A) is used to move and adjust anchor points on a path.

The Path Selection tool (black arrow, keyboard: A) is used to move entire paths or vector objects.

If you're trying to move layers or selections, you want the Move tool (keyboard: V) which looks like a "plus" sign with arrows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judith,

The Direct Selection tool (white arrow, keyboard: A) is used to move and adjust anchor points on a path.

The Path Selection tool (black arrow, keyboard: A) is used to move entire paths or vector objects.

If you're trying to move layers or selections, you want the Move tool (keyboard: V) which looks like a "plus" sign with arrows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This function she lost has been a very common ability I have been able to use.  Using direct selct to ecompass any or all points to move with that tool is something I have only NOT been able to do today.  When snapping a corner of a shape to another corner of a different shape, how would one do that with 'V' selction?  Moving that tool to the corner changes it to scale or rotate.  I need to ba able to grab the corner of an entire shape with direct select in order to snap it to another desired point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines